Wednesday 29 December 2021

The Book Tour That Didn't Tour

I've mentioned a few times on here over the past couple of months various podcasts which have been kind enough to invite me on to talk about The Long Game. And since I've been fortunate enough to appear on a couple more since my last blog entry here, here's the full run-down of The Long Game Podcast Book Tour:

This all began in October, before the book even came out - with the "Australian leg" the book tour being my very first podcast interview, a chat with The Doctor Who Show:

 

Then we had the UK leg, still ahead of the book being published, with interviews for the Something Who podcast...

And then for Paul Kerensa's wonderful British Broadcasting Century series...

After publication day in November, the UK leg continued with an interview for the Bigger on the Inside podcast. I was particularly pleased with my answer at the end here about what may be some of the reasons for the enduring popularity of Doctor Who:

Then most recently came the Canadian leg! These interviews were recorded in one order and released in the other - so on December the 19th, Radio Free Skaro released their episode - their 829th, would you believe! - featuring their interview with me:

The Canadian leg then continued a few days later with the release of my final podcast interview to date, with Graeme Burk's Reality Bomb:


I hugely enjoyed recording all of these interviews - not simply having the chance to talk about the book, of course, but also just the opportunity to have a good old in-depth chat about Doctor Who. Which is something I don't, actually, often get the opportunity to do all that much of.

Obviously there's a certain amount of overlap between all of these interviews, so if you're somehow mad enough to listen to all of them there will be a certain amount of repetition. But I did try my best to vary things up a bit, so that if anyone did hear more than one they wouldn't feel entirely cheated!

Thank you to all of these podcasts for very kindly having me on, and for being interested in The Long Game. And needless to say, if you have a Doctor Who podcast and fancy having me on for a chat about the book, do let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment