Saturday 18 November 2023

Cover Story


I wrote a few weeks ago about how proud I was to have been asked to do a little piece for the 100th anniversary issue of the Radio Times. I hadn't really expected this to be anything other than a one-off, so you can imagine how pleased I was to be approached to do another piece for them - about, you've guessed it, Doctor Who!

This coming Thursday, the 23rd, is the 60th anniversary of Doctor Who - about which a lot more to come on this blog! The Radio Times of course have a long-lasting relationship with the series, and although they aren't publishing their actual Doctor Who anniversary issue until next week - due to their listings starting on a Saturday, and the first of the anniversary specials going out on Saturday the 25th - they still wanted a piece for the issue which covers the anniversary date itself.

So they asked me if I could perhaps write an article looking at that relationship between the magazine and the show, and highlighting a few of the many, many covers they have dedicated to it down the decades. Which, of course, I was only too pleased to do! The issue came out this week, and it was nice to see that my article gained one of the cover lines!

I couldn't resist taking this picture of the magazine out and about "in the wild"!
There should be more Doctor Who items to share this week, in both written and audio form. I'm very fortunate indeed in that, in my own little way, I get to help share in the celebration of this show which means so much to me.

And luckier still of course to have been able to have had another book about that show published this year. I have continued to receive some good notices for Pull to Open, with some very kind reviews on Goodreads, a nice review and interview from AJ Black, and a glowing piece about the book on the Doctor Who Companion website.

It should be an exciting week coming up - and an enjoyable one whatever happens. I'm really pleased that I was able to get Pull to Open written and published in time to be a part of it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment